Polizeibrutalität als Ausmalbuch

Der New Yorker Künstler Joe Heaps hat ein fotokopiertes, selbstgebundenes Ausmalbuch zum Thema Polizeibrutalität herausgebracht, nachdem eine Freundin während der Occupy-Proteste eine Ladung Pfefferspray abbekommen hatte. Ein paar Malvorlagen daraus gibts bei Wired:
Forty-six artists, including Shepard Fairey, have contributed black-and-white artwork to the Police Brutality Coloring Book, a 48-page DIY publication inspired by incidents of violent police action against Occupy Wall Street activists. “I wasn’t directly involved with the movement, but I had been down there a few times and was sympathetic to the cause,” said Police Brutality Coloring Book creator Joe “Heaps” Nelson ... Then it turned out that Chelsea Elliott, one of four women pepper-sprayed during a Sep. 24 protest march in Manhattan, was a friend of a friend of the New York artist.  The incident, and others like it, spurred Nelson into action. “I am outraged at how the police are treating people,” he said, “and moral outrage is not my default setting. And then when I saw that guy at Cal Davis [University of California at Davis campus police Lt. John Pike] calmly spray those kids in the face, I knew I had to do something.”
(via Nerdcore)
blog comments powered by Disqus