Riesige DIY-Kameras von Chris McCaw


Nachdem Fotograf Chris McCaw aus finanziellen Gründen seine Großformat-Kamera verkaufen musste, begann er mit kleinem Budget riesige Kameras selberzubauen. Im photo-eye Blog gibts ein Interview, in dem er u.a. über seine DIY-Monsterkameras erzählt:
"I started building cameras purely out of poverty. In 1995 I had just graduated from art school and had no job, no money and a vintage 7"x17" Korona Banquet camera that was difficult to use. The vintage camera was worth something so I kept the film holders and sold the camera. With the money I paid my rent for 3 months and built a sturdier and lighter 7"x17" camera for about $150. Using just wood working skills from junior high school woodshop and my skateboard ramp building, I was able to build something functional -- not pretty, but functional ..."
(via Make)
blog comments powered by Disqus